Last night I posted on Facebook that I had made baked ziti with pumpkin and spinach. IT WAS DELISH!! There was much buzz and many wanted the recipe, so I decided to post it here for everyone to have easy access! It’s so simple and doesn’t take more than an hour, YUM!
non stick cooking spray
4c dry reg or whole wheat ziti
1 can (15 oz) Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
2 T all purpose flour
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t ground nutmeg
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 can evaporated milk
4 links sausage
1 pkg frozen spinach
1 C Mozzerlla
Preheat oven to 425. Cook time: 20 min.
1. Prepare pasta according to box instructions.
2. While pasta is cooking, cut sausage into 1/4″ pieces and cook in a medium sized skillet.
3. When pasta is finished drain, set aside 1/2c. pasta water.
4. While sausage is cooking, in a separate skillet, combine pumpkin, flour, garlic, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. Slowly add milk stirring until smooth. Cook 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Pour pumpkin mixture over pasta in pot and add in sausage and pasta water. Stir well.
6. Spread half of pasta mixture into baking dish, top w/ spinach. Finally cover spinach with remaining pasta mixture.
7. Top pasta with cheese, put in oven for 20 minutes.
ENJOY!!!! Pumpkin and spinach are so good for you, this is really a complete meal on it’s own.